June 13, 2010

Cake Bites Tasting Party

I've had a super long week preparing for my cake tasting party that was this afternoon. I prepared 5 dessert tables, each with a specific theme or colour scheme and based the cupcake flavours and table design on them. I did a total of 12 cupcake flavours for people to try and included cake bites, cake pops, and sugar cookies along with fruit and candy for each table.
This is the fruit inspired table. The cupcake flavours were Carrot with Cream Cheese Frosting, Vanilla with Mango Cream Cheese Frosting and Chocolate with Orange Buttercream. I also included lemon cake bites.


This table is the candy inspired table and the cupcake flavours included marble cupcakes with fondant and vanilla cupcakes with hazelnut buttercream. I also included personalized chocolate bar wrappers.


The next three tables were colour inspired tables. For this blue and red table I decided to stick with a nautical theme and created a red and blue nautical dummy cake, banana blueberry cupcakes with vanilla buttercream and chocolate cupcakes with mint buttercream. I included personalized water bottles and candy bags.





This table was inspired by the colour pink and included a pink gerbera dummy cake, monogram sugar cookies, vanilla cupcakes with embossed fondant and lemon cupcakes with raspberry cream cheese frosting. It also included vanilla and chocolate cake pops.






This last table was a white inspired table and included a three tier white and grey damask patterned cake, vanilla cupcakes with white embossed fondant, vanilla cupcakes with coconut buttercream, vanilla cake pops and white chocolate rosettes.





I would like to especially thank my family and friends for their ongoing patience and support because without them, today would not have been possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment