October 17, 2010

IRON CUPCAKE: Toronto (Halloween)


Today I competed in my first ever cupcake competition. It was called Iron Cupcake and put on by a cupcake shop downtown called "For The Love of Cake." I was not sure what to expect, seeing as how this was my first competition ever, so I went the simple, yet classic route and created a pumpkin cupcake with cream cheese frosting.

We were able to set up a display showcasing our inspiration with a large version of our "mini cupcakes." I decided on a fall theme, to showcase the pumpkin flavour, while others focused more on the Halloween aspect.

These are my cupcakes for the display, with an orange fondant pumpkin.

I was amongst some amazing competition when it came to the display aspect of the competition...Here are some pictures of the fierce competitors.



Contestant #1:


Contestant #2


Contestant #3

Contestant #4

Contestant #5

Contestant #6

Contestant #7

Contestant #8

Contestant #9
Contestant #10


Contestant #11

Contestant #12 (ME)

Contestant #13

Contestant #14

Contestant #15

And the winner is.....

First Place: Contestant #6

Runner Up: Contestant #5

I have already signed up for the Christmas IRON CUPCAKE which will take place on December 5, 2010. I need to start preparing my display and recipe ideas now if I want to even be considered to win the next one.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Just stumbled across your blog, what a coincidence! Looks like you've got some great stuff here, I'll be sure to bookmark it! Hopefully we'll see each other at the Christmas one!

    -Baker #5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the details for the next event;

    Iron Cupcake - Sunday, February 13th 1-3pm at 171 East Liberty St unit 117 (For the Love of Cake). Everyone welcome - $5 at the door - cupcakes, refreshments, entertainment, prizes. Bakers must preregister. For more info please visit http://fortheloveofcake.ca or email info@fortheloveofcake.ca

    ReplyDelete